General Terms and Conditions of Use
Napfényfürdő Aquapolis Szeged
I./ General provisions
1. This Guest Information describes the terms and conditions of using the services offered by ’Napfényfürdő Aquapolis Szeged’ (hereinafter referred to as: Aquapolis), operated by Hunguest Hotels Zrt. Napfényfürdő Aquapolis (6726 Szeged, Torontál tér.6.).
2. You will find detailed rules and conditions of using the various services offered by Aquapolis (pools, slides, quiet wellness area) in the Internal Regulations displayed on the walls of the facilities, and also in various Guest Notice brochures, a copy of which may be obtained from the bath managers, at pay-desks, and in dispatcher’s rooms.
The services of Aquapolis may be used only in compliance with the present Guest Information, the Internal Regulations, and the Guest Notice brochures.
The staff of Aquapolis (the pool master, the dispatcher, the security guards, etc.) are responsible for adherence to and compliance with the Guest Information, the Internal Regulations, and the Guest Notice brochures.
The management and staff of Aquapolis may refuse the provision of services to guests who do not agree with, or breach the regulations relating to the working order of Aquapolis and disturb other guests' relaxation. Such persons may be asked, and, in justified cases, forced by authorities, to leave the premises of Aquapolis.
II/ Opening hours and entry
- Opening hours of Aquapolis:
Swimming pool + summer pools
weekdays: 6 a.m. to 10 p.m.
Summer pools (outdoor adventure pool): from May 1 to August 31 from 8 a.m. to 8 p.m. (having extended opening hours depending on weather)
Adventure pools with slides
Low season weekdays: from 12 a.m. to 8 p.m.
Main season weekdays: from 9 a.m. to 8 p.m.
Weekends, holidays (Hungarian, Romanian, and Serbian) and special season: from 9 a.m. to 8 p.m.
Slides operate every day until 7.30 p.m.
Slides are operated on weekdays intermittently, depending on the number of interested guests. A detailed schedule of intermittent operation is available on the wall at the main pay-desks and also on our website at www.napfenyfurdoaquapolis.com.
Family wellness pools
Low season weekdays: from 10 a.m. to 8 p.m.
Main season weekdays: from 9 a.m. to 8 p.m.
Weekends, holidays (Hungarian, Romanian, and Serbian) and special season: from 9 a.m. to 8 p.m.
Adventure items operate every day until 7.30 p.m.
Adventure items are operated on weekdays according to a programmed schedule depending on the number of interested guests. The schedule is available on the wall at the main pay-desks and also on our website at www.napfenyfurdoaquapolis.com.
Weekdays: from 7 a.m. to 8 p.m.
Weekends and holidays: from 7 a.m. to 8 p.m.
Weekdays: from 7 a.m. to 7 p.m.
Electric treatments: from 7 a.m. to 7 p.m.
Weekdays: from 7 a.m. to 9 p.m.
Weekends and holidays: from 7 a.m. to 9 p.m.
Adventure items are operated every day until 8.30 p.m.
Adventure items and the Sauna World are operated according to a programmed schedule depending on the number of interested guests. The schedule is available on the wall at the main pay-desks and also on our website at www.napfenyfurdoaquapolis.com.
Services and treatments offered as quiet wellness services
Round the clock availability (unguarded)
at the underground level of the main building and the servicing building, access through a bar coded card and proximity card system
4 open air parking spaces reserved for the disabled and 4 open air parking spaces reserved for buses
Pay-desks close one hour before the relevant official closing time.
Guests are requested to leave the pool area 20 minutes before closing time.
In the event of inclement weather (storm, lightning, etc.), our Guests are requested to leave the indoor areas connected with the water surface of outdoor and open air pools, the playgrounds and slides, as well as the tower slides for their own safety. The staff of the Bath Complex is entitled to take the necessary measures to that effect.
In the event of force majeure, including extraordinary weather conditions (e.g., storms, lightning, etc.), Guests will not be entitled to receive any refund (either full or partial refund) for their tickets to the facility.
The most popular areas of the Bath Complex are under camera surveillance for the safety of our Guests, in compliance with the relevant legal regulations.
The entire area of the Bath Complex is accessible by people with disabilities, the passage ways in the internal areas are supplied with a tactile guiding system for the hard of seeing. A special restroom, dressing and showering facility has been installed for people with disabilities.
Current and effective details and information regarding opening hours, list of prices, special conditions and any modifications thereof are displayed on the wall at the main pay-desks and also on the websites of Aquapolis at www.napfenyfurdoaquapolis.com or www.napfenyfurdoszeged.com.
In justified cases (for technical reasons, in case of special events, etc.), the operator of the facility may close down a part or the whole area of Aquapolis, in such an event the management of Aquapolis shall not be liable to pay compensation to the Guests.
Pursuant to the restrictions of effective regulations relating to the operation of public bath facilities, and also when the maximum number of guests using the pool and other Aquapolis services simultaneously is reached, no further guests may be admitted to Aquapolis.
When the scope of services is reduced due to technical reasons, the operator of the facility shall be entitled, at its sole discretion, to decide on any modification of the prices.
The Guest who arriving at the Napfényfürdő Aquapolis will accept if because of maintenance and redevelopment works or because of all the nonregular events intermittently, partially or fully the water surface is not available. About these events the Napfényfürdő Aquapolis will inform the Guests in advance.
2. Guests arriving at Aquapolis will be admitted and have access to the services on a first-come, first-served basis. Exceptions to this rule may include pre-announced groups, pregnant women, people hard of seeing or hearing, disabled persons, and contract partners of Aquapolis.
3. Only persons with a valid ticket or pass may enter Aquapolis and use its services.
4. When purchasing a ticket, guests will be provided with a digital wrist watch (hereinafter referred to as the “watch”) to use the relevant choice of services, which entitles them for a single, non-refundable and non-transferrable entry on the day of purchase, plus a receipt (upon request, an invoice); both these items should be kept until the guests leave the facility.
Entry-based passes have the form of a bearer’s watch which entitles its holder to enter the facility on 10 occasions within a 60 calendar-days period.
Passes may be used for the services associated with the given type of watch until the day of expiry.
Passes provided with a biometric identifier may not be transferred, they can be used exclusively by their holders in order to prevent abuses. Such passes may not be exchanged or redeemed. As lost passes cannot be replaced, losing a watch entails loss of both the paid pass price and the deposit.
5. Lockers may be freely chosen, they are opened/closed with the help of the watch. Following the selection of a locker, its number can be read from the information terminals. In the event of losing a watch, the relevant locker may be opened only with the help of the security staff and following appropriate identification of its contents. In such a case, a written record is prepared.
Guests may learn about the proper use of lockers from the information pictograms displayed in the dressing facilities.
6. In addition to opening and closing lockers, walking from one section of Aquapolis to the other, and also access to therapeutic services is exclusively controlled by watches. Drinking and eating in catering facilities is possible using the watch and/or by paying in cash. Guests will be provided a receipt regarding their watch use at the catering facilities, which they are advised to keep in order to settle issues that may arise.
Regarding the amounts debited or credited to the watch in respect of the services consumed, as well as the settlement of related accounts, the data stored in the information system of Aquapolis shall be authoritative.
7. Guests of Aquapolis shall assume full financial responsibility for the watch received upon entry, and for the consumption recorded therein. The operator of the facility herewith excludes any and all liability connected to the damages and costs arising with illegal use of the amount credited to the watch that is lost or stolen.
8. Should a Guest lose the watch entitling him or her to use the services while inside the Bath Complex, he or she shall pay a watch replacement charge of HUF 2,000.00. In addition, the unused portion of the freely usable amount topped up in advance will not be refunded.
9. Guests may exit the premises with the help of the watch at any gate. The system will allow them to pass through if there are no problems due to a time-out or some debt (for example: deposit). In case of a cause related to debt, the system will direct the Guest to the nearest pay-desk to pay the money owed. The watch thus “relieved from debt” may be dropped in the exit gate and the Guest may leave the premises.
10. When paying for the entry-based watch-assisted pass, the pay-desk records the identification details of the watch in the system. Guests purchasing a pass may take the watch home. At the time of final use, the watch is withdrawn upon exit.
11. Passes supplied with a time/period-based biometric identifier are not automatically withdrawn by the system upon expiry of the relevant period, which entails a risk of losing them, therefore, all passes supplied with a biometric identifier, including free child passes, are subject to a deposit of HUF 2,000.00. Guests may pay deposits exclusively in cash, in Hungarian forints. Guests purchasing a pass may take the watch home. The deposit will be refunded to the Guest upon expiry of the pass, after the watch is returned.
12. Guests with passes supplied with a biometric identifier may use bath services until the day of expiry. Unrestricted passes may be used for the relevant services during opening hours of the Bath Complex until their day of expiry. Restricted passes may be used on weekdays during opening hours of the Bath Complex until their day of expiry, except special periods, that is, public holidays, Saturdays and Sundays.
13. Tickets for accompanying persons may only be purchased on special occasions – events, swimming, other training activities. Tickets for accompanying persons entitle their holders to stay on the premises for a maximum of 2 hours. Tickets for accompanying persons do not entitle their holders to use the pools and consume other services. When a ticket for accompanying persons is used in a way showing evidence of abuse, the accompanying person is obligated to pay the relevant entrance fee.
14. Organized individual or group swimming instruction/training and other instruction/training activities (hereinafter referred to as: organized activity) may be performed only under the supervision of an instructor/trainer possessing the appropriate qualification and having the permit of Ligetfürdő Kft. Those involved in organized activity are responsible for adherence to and compliance with the Guest Information, the Internal Regulations, and the Guest Notice brochures throughout the relevant organized activity. The relevant authorized instructor/trainer shall be responsible for the physical integrity and safety of those taking part in organized activity. The instructor involved in swimming and other training activities on the premises of the Bath Complex shall assume such liability in writing.
It is FORBIDDEN on the premises of the Bath Complex to pursue, either on a regular basis or occasionally, any commercial, service and other sales-related activity that is against a legal provision or is performed by a party not maintaining contractual relations with the Bath Complex. Further, it is forbidden to pursue any so-called “active marketing activities” on the premises of the Bath Complex.
15. Children under the age of 14 may enter the Bath Complex and use its services only if accompanied by an adult. Deep water pools and pools connected to slides are provided exclusively for those who can swim – including participants of swimming courses.
16. The Swimming pool + summer pools tickets purchased in low season periods entitle their holders to use the medicinal pool as well.
III. Prices and payment
The ticket for visiting the quiet wellness area includes the fee for the sauna gown.
In other areas of Aquapolis, bath gowns and towels are available for rent against payment of a deposit. The deposit is refunded if the rented item is returned on the same day. If you fail to return the item rented, no deposit will be refunded. Deposits are accepted exclusively in cash and in HUF.
2. Guests are requested to pay for the intended services prior to use, in advance. To pay using the watch at the points of sale on the premises of Aquapolis, you will need to top up your watch at the pay-desks located near the entrances. Watches may be topped up with cash in forints. You can use the watch for payments at the indicated points of sale up to the amount stored in your watch.
Any unused top up amount will be refunded in cash at the pay-desks when you leave.
You can pay for Aquapolis services in cash, by bank cards, SZÉP cards, — in line with the relevant provisions and legal regulations in force, and, if you are staying at Hotel Forrás, also by room credit.
You can use a SZÉP card to procure services that are available for use with these non-cash means of payment.
The various points of sale will issue a separate receipt (if requested, an invoice) for each sale (with the exception of Thai massage treatments: these receipts are issued at the pay-desks).
You are requested to keep the receipts of the services consumed until you leave the complex.
3. Using discount tickets/passes is subject to the presentation of a concession certificate or a similar document.
4. All prices applied by Aquapolis are specified in Hungarian forints.
The prices for Aquapolis services may be paid in forints or euro (up to the denomination of 100.00 EUR, in full euro amounts, with decimals being rounded up to the next whole euro amount), by applying the exchange rates established on a daily basis and displayed at the pay-desks (except for specific services that can be settled only in HUF).
5. In case you stay at Aquapolis for a period exceeding the validity of your ticket, you will be charged an additional price according to the effective Price List, to be paid at the pay-desks on leaving the complex.
6. In the event of purchasing a biometric adult pass, a free child pass may be requested, pursuant to effective VAT regulations, only at the time of purchasing the adult pass. Such passes cannot be requested at a later time, and the type of any pass purchased may not be modified subsequently.
When buying a child pass, the child concerned should be present.
7. Aquapolis herewith excludes any liability for loss or theft of the watch associated with any type of pass
IV. Safe deposit services
A limited number of safe deposit boxes are available to our Guests against payment of a deposit as defined in the effective Price List.
The operator assumes liability for the items kept in safe deposit boxes, up to a maximum value of HUF 50,000.00. However, no liability is assumed for items placed in lockers or left unattended on the premises of Aquapolis (including items placed on racks, rest areas, corridors, waiting rooms, pool rooms). Lost and found items are handled by the security service of the Bath Complex. In the event of loss or theft of the watch of a safe deposit box, the operator will charge a watch replacement fee of HUF 2,000.00.
V. Specific rules pertaining to wellness and therapeutic services
1. Specific rules pertaining to wellness
You can purchase various wellness services of Aquapolis at the Aquapolis wellness dispatcher's desk and, in case of certain services, at pay-desks. Guests are required to pay for wellness services in advance.
You can specify the wellness services you intend to use at the wellness dispatcher's desk. The time of using wellness services will be discussed with the Guests individually.
Scheduling the time in advance is necessary for wellness services (by at least 48 hours prior to the intended time). Otherwise, the operator cannot grant access to the services in the intended period of time.
Following payment, you will be provided with a “treatment ticket” at the dispatcher's desk, which is used to store the type, exact time, and location of the service concerned. Guests may use this ticket as a proof of their entitlement to the given service.
In other respects of using wellness services, the relevant regulations of this Guest Information shall apply.
2. Specific rules pertaining to therapeutic services
You can purchase various therapeutic services of Aquapolis at the Aquapolis medicinal dispatcher's desk. Guests are required to pay for therapeutic services in advance. Using treatment services covered by the National Health Insurance is possible exclusively on the basis of a prescription.
You can obtain detailed information about using therapeutic services, the order and manner of undergoing treatments at the Aquapolis medicinal dispatcher's desk.
In case of treatments covered by the National Health Insurance, the Guests sign the copy of the treatment record associated with the prescription each time they receive treatment, thereby confirming their using the treatment. Guests are required to bring with them a copy of the treatment record each time, and the Bath Complex will confirm the services consumed on the given treatment record.
Guests using therapeutic services are provided a watch to access lockers and consume the relevant services.
Aquapolis provides therapeutic services only on medical prescription and does not provide acute medical treatment.
Should Guests consuming medical services also wish to use other services offered by Aquapolis, they can select and pay for the services of their choice at the medicinal dispatcher's desk.
In other respects of using therapeutic services, the relevant regulations of this Guest Information shall apply.
VI. Specific rules pertaining to parking:
The rules concerning the use of Aquapolis parking lots are included in the Parking Regulation displayed in the parking lot and at the pay-desks.
VII. Client service, complaints, legal remedy
Aquapolis Szeged operates a comprehensive and consumer friendly client service and complaint handling system.
Guests receive preliminary information about the services and the operation of the Bath Complex in various languages (Hungarian, English, German, Romanian, Serbian) in the form of the publicly available Guest Information, General Terms and Conditions of Use, Internal Regulations, and the list of Supervisory Authorities where they can seek legal remedy.
The management holds office hours on the second Monday of each month, from 2 p.m. to 4 p.m., and all guests are invited to phone and arrange for a meeting with the managing director, during which they can present recommendations and also any complaints. The managing director will investigate the issues raised, take the necessary measures, and inform the guests concerned about his decision in writing.
Our Guests may comment on the quality of services and the attitude of the employees involved in the provision of services both orally and in writing. You can find the Customer Complaint Book at the dispatcher’s desk and also at the various service providing units.
Guests may submit their comments and complaints by mail, fax, or e-mail, using any of the contact options of the Bath Complex.
In the event of making a complaint in person, the employee contacted directly may resolve the issue within his or her sphere of competence. If this does not solve the issue, the employee will contact the shift manager on duty who will take the necessary steps to settle the issue.
VIII. Foreign Guest complains
If Aquapolis rejects a consumer complaint lodged by a Guest residing in another EU Member State (excluding Hungary), Norway or Iceland, the consumer can also contact the European Consumer Centre located in his/her country of residence and ask for their assistance in attempting to reach an agreement, amicable solution between the parties. The contact details of the European Consumer Centre located in the country of residence of the Guest are available on the website of the European Consumer Centres’ Network http://ec.europa.eu/consumers/solving_consumer_disputes/non-judicial_redress/ecc-net/index_en.htm.
IX. Miscellaneous provisions
1. By paying for the services, the Guests of Aquapolis herewith agree to be bound by the provisions of the Guest Information, the Internal Regulations, and the various Guest Notice brochures.
2. By paying for the services, the Guests of Aquapolis agree to appear, also without a preliminary request to that effect, in photos to be published by the operator in any media or print material and waive their right to raise claims with reference to privacy rights or financial compensation, with the operator‘s knowledge and approval. Aquapolis shall be entitled to freely use the photos taken on its premises for its own advertisement and promotional purposes.
By paying for the services, the Guests of Aquapolis agree to taking photos and using same in the manner specified in this Guest Information.
3. As regards issues not specifically regulated in this Guest Information, the Internal Regulations, and the various Guest Notice brochures, the legal rules in force relating to the operation of Aquapolis, in particular, Government Decree no. 121/1996 (VII.24.) on establishing and operating public spas and Government Decree no. 37/1996. (X.18.) of the Minister of Welfare (NM) on health requirements of establishing and operation of public baths shall apply.
We wish all our Guests a relaxing and enjoyable stay!
Effective from: July 01, 2018.